intermittent camera abuse

Friday, January 25, 2008

Low-Res Camera

I'm taking a Photoshop class at the community college. My first assignment is to take photos with a cellphone camera, explore the social interaction inherent in a cellphone camera and put the photos together in a novel way.

Except I don't have a cellphone camera. I did go to the store and buy a little $20 digital camera that takes images 352 x 288. It's pretty crappy, but works extremely well for my purposes. It's small, about 2" x 3", has no screen display and only holds 40 photos with no memory card. It's also pink with flowers on it. And it erases all of your previous photos if you go even one photo past capacity. Sucked when I found that one out.

I'm taking more photos than I have it a long time and thought I'd post some here.

Many are really blurry, and look like gestural drawings.
Here's the first:















What is it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.